Terms & Conditions
- All work must have gone online or on air between January 1st, 2016 and December 31st, 2016.
- Solo Projects are directed, designed and animated primarily by a single person.
- All Solo Project entries must include a full credits listing of all persons involved in the project.
- Sound design, music and voiceover of an entry may be created by any number of people and will not count against an entry’s “Solo Project” status.
- Assistance with project management and other production-related duties is acceptable.
- If the project credits are found to be false or incomplete, the entry will be withdrawn without a refund.
Violation of eligibility
- If a judge questions the eligibility of an entry, we will ask you to provide evidence to demonstrate the work is eligible.
- If it is determined that an entrant has violated the eligibility rules, the entry will be withdrawn without a refund.
Judging of the awards
The Motion Awards reserves the right to:
- re-categorize work.
- re-compress and/or resize submissions to meet requirements for the online judging system.
- disqualify any entrant.
License to use entries
Submitting a project grants The Motion Awards and Motionographer the right to:
- reproduce the project on The Motion Awards website, on Motionographer.com and/or on any social media channels owned by The Motion Awards or Motionographer.
- use the project to promote The Motion Awards.
- store a high-resolution copy of the project in perpetuity.
By submitting a project, the entrant warrants that:
- it is the sole owner of the entire rights of the entry or has obtained all necessary consent from the owner of the entry.
- the credits indicated on the completed entry form are correct.
- the entry does not infringe another person’s or entity’s copyright, trademark, moral right, right of privacy or publicity, or other intellectual property right.